Sign up for
Get news, events, special
offers and more quarterly.
Why finance your car at Telco when others are offering 0% financing? The answer is simple. Sometimes, what looks like a deal really isn’t. Consider this:
- 0% rate is usually only available for short term financing (36 months); that equals higher monthly payments.
- Application or pre-payment fees add hidden costs to the low interest loans. You may be charged up to $200 in financing fees.
- If you choose the 0% rate, the price of the vehicle is usually non-negotiable. Plus, any other rebates being offered may be forfeited. You will end up paying more for the vehicle.
- Dealer financing plans are often limited to dealer stock, which means you may have to sacrifice the color, style, and/or options you want.
Know the true cost of borrowing. Financing your new or used vehicle through Kentucky Telco is a smart way to save money!
Would you get a better deal by buying your next auto at a 0% interest rate and no rebate, or by taking the $2,500 rebate from the dealer and financing the vehicle with Kentucky Telco at a rate as low as 1.69% APR1?
The following chart shows a side-by-side comparison of purchasing a vehicle at 0% or using the dealer’s rebate and financing with Kentucky Telco.
As you can see from the chart, by taking a rebate and financing at Kentucky Telco, you will save more money in the end. Plus, finance your new vehicle with Kentucky Telco and you will also receive $100 cash back2 and no payment for 90 days2! Let us put more money in your pocket! Apply now or call (502) 459-3000 / (800) 292-9490.
1APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Rate may vary based on your credit profile, vehicle age, and loan term. Lowest Kentucky Telco loan rate is for a 2011-2013 auto, and includes a .25% discount for automatic payment, and a .25% discount for 20% equity in the vehicle. 2 Promotion period for $100 cash back incentive and 90 days until your first payment begins July 1, 2012. Cash incentive and 90 days until your first payment is only available to members who finance an auto loan during this promotion period. Cash incentive will be deposited into the member’s Regular Savings account after closing of vehicle loan. First payment due 90 days after the close of loan and interest will continue to accrue up until first payment date. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Existing Kentucky Telco auto loans do not qualify for this offer. Promotion is subject to change without notice.
Four Rules for Vacation Savings
The American vacation is becoming more and more expensive. Here are 4 simple tips that can help you cut costs on your next vacation:
- Make your own reservations. Many hotels and airlines offer additional discounts and specials for booking online. Also, be sure to mention any memberships you may have – a Sam’s Club or AAA membership may get you a better rate. Let the agent know that you’re traveling with children. Many hotel chains allow children to stay free.
- Visit areas that don’t thrive on tourism. If you go somewhere that depends on tourism as their main source of income, you’re going to pay a higher premium to stay there.
- Set a budget. Before you go, decide how much you have to spend on a vacation and stick to it. Set a daily budget for things like lodging and meals. This makes it easier to keep track of what you’ve spent, and how much you have left over for side trips and souvenirs.
- Make lunch your big meal out. Money spent eating out can really add up. To cut costs, stay in hotels that have refrigerators and microwaves in the room and offer free continental breakfasts. However, if you do go out to eat, make lunch your main meal of the day. Restaurants usually offer the same food on the lunch menu as on the dinner menu but at lower prices. Also, if you’re traveling with kids, look for restaurants that offer a free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult meal.
2012 Kentuckiana Heart Walk
Each September, Kentucky Telco raises money for and participates in the Kentuckiana Start! Heart Walk by the American Heart Association. The Start! Heart Walk is an annual event that draws thousands of people together to walk and raise funds to prevent heart disease and stroke. This year’s event will be held on Saturday, September 22nd.
Our goal is to raise $3,000 for the American Heart Association. In an effort to reach our goal, each branch will be selling candy bars and Hearts for $1 each beginning in August. We will also be selling chances to win a “Heart Healthy” gift basket. Help us support the American Heart Association by purchasing any of the items at your local branch.