Sign up for
Get news, events, special
offers and more quarterly.
Fraud Alert: Text Message/Email Phishing Scam
There’s a new scam Phishers are using to obtain your personal information. Some members have reported a text message or email they have received that reads:
“A pending alert has been placed on your Credit Union card. Call toll-free: 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.”
This is a scam! Kentucky Telco Federal Credit Union would never send you a text message or email asking for personal information, as we already have this information in our secure database. If you receive this message by text or email, please disregard it. If you have already responded to the message, please call us as soon as possible at (800) 292-9490.
Three Ways to Take Control of Your Financial Life and Save
Get your financial life back in order by simplifying your debt into one low monthly payment with a loan from Kentucky Telco and save hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars in interest.
Auto Equity Loan
An Auto Equity Loan allows you to consolidate your high interest debt into one monthly payment, using your car as collateral.
- Rates as low as 1.69% APR1
- Flexible terms
- No pre-payment penalties
- Automatic payment available
Home Equity Line of Credit
Paying off current credit card debt using the equity in your home may have significant benefits, since the new rate may be much lower. The positive effect on cash flow could be dramatic.
- Rates as low as 4% APR1
- May be tax-deductible2
- No pre-payment penalties
- Automatic payment available
Visa Platinum Credit Card
A credit card balance transfer moves your credit card balances from higher rate credit cards to a lower rate card. You’ll save on finance charges and make only one credit card payment. A Kentucky Telco Visa Platinum credit card offers:
- Rates as low as 8.90% APR1
- No annual fee
- True 25-day grace period
- No fee for balance transfers or cash advances
Contact Kentucky Telco and start improving your financial life today! Call (502) 459-3000 / (800) 292-9490 or send an email to email@example.com.
1APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Rate effective 1/1/2013 and can change at any time without notice. Rates on Auto Equity Loans may vary based upon your credit profile, vehicle age, and loan term. Lowest Auto Equity Loan rate is for a 2011-2013 auto, 36-month term, and includes a .25% discount for 20% equity in the vehicle, and .25% discount for automatic payment. Rates on Home Equity LOC and Visa Platinum Credit Card may vary based upon your credit profile and can change at any time without notice.
2Please consult with a tax advisor.
News & Events
Annual Meeting Notice
The Annual Meeting and Board Election will be held on Monday, February 11, 2013 at the Buechel Woman’s Club, 3758 Pulliam Drive in Louisville. Doors will open at 5:00 PM. The meeting will be called to order at 6:00 PM, and registration will close at 6:30 PM. The election will take place at 6:30 PM.
Board Nominees Named Tom Mueller, Chair of the Nominating Committee, reports that the Committee has recommended the following individuals to seek election to the Board of Directors:
- Only members of record may vote, and each member shall have only one (1) vote.
- Each member desiring to vote shall register upon arrival at the Annual Meeting. Registration will begin at 5:00 PM on the meeting date and will close exactly at 6:30 PM, or upon the motion and vote by membership, to close registration. Once members in attendance at the meeting have voted to close registration, no late arrivals will be allowed to register to vote in the election.
- No one under the age of sixteen (16) years shall be entitled to vote.
- All voting shall be done by written ballot. Only candidates properly nominated will be included on the ballot. No nominations will be accepted from the floor.
- Only three (3) candidates can be voted for on any one ballot.
- If a member makes a mistake, or wishes to make a change on his or her ballot, they may turn in the ballot containing the error and a new one will be issued. Ballots containing any alterations, strikethroughs or excess votes will not be counted.
- Results of the election will not be final until the Election Committee has verified the results.
We will be closed Monday, January 21st, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Make Your Debit Card Worry-free with Bouncesafe
Protect yourself from debit card overdrafts Sign up today.
What is Bounce Safe Debit Overdraft Protection?
An overdraft occurs when you use a debit card to make a purchase or perform an ATM transaction, but you don’t have enough money in your account to cover the transaction. With debit overdraft protection, we may allow debit card purchases and ATM authorizations to be approved* even if there isn’t enough money in your account at the time of purchase. If you overdraw your account, we will cover your purchase/withdrawal, and charge you our customary overdraft courtesy fee.
What are the benefits of Bounce Safe Debit Overdraft Protection?
- Reputation — Avoid Embarrasment of declined debit purchases.
- Convenience — Allows your debit card purchases to be approved when you have insufficient funds.
- Flexibility — Allows you to make a purchase or withdraw cash even if you can’t make a deposit or transfer money until later.
- Safety Net — Provides funds to cover an unexpected expense.
- Peace of Mind – Gives you a sense of relief when you don’t know your checking account balance and need to make a purchase.
How much does it cost?
Enrollment in the debit overdraft protection program is FREE. There is never a cost unless we cover an overdraft due to insufficient funds. The $29 fee assures your ATM or debit card purchase will be approved* without the embarrassment or fees associated with a rejected purchase.
How do I sign up for debit overdraft protection?
You can enroll for Bounce Safe Debit Overdraft Protection through e-Teller Online Banking at www.kytelco.com or by completing the form and mailing it to: Kentucky Telco FCU, 3740 Bardstown Road, Louisville KY 40218. You can also enroll by visiting any Kentucky Telco branch location or by calling (502) 459-3000 / (800) 292-9490
*We authorize and pay overdrafts for checks and other transactions made using your checking accounts and automatic bill payments. Overdrafts are paid at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. Please refer to the Overdraft Policy for details.
e-Statements give you many advantages over traditional paper statements. One of the best features is that you don’t have to wait to receive your statement in the mail!
- It’s free!
- View up to 18 months of account history.
- View check images directly from your e-Statement.
- View year-end tax forms.
- Print or save statements on your computer.
Consider the benefits of e-Statements:
Save time — e-Statements are available the first business day of the month, up to a week sooner than mailed statements.
Provide security — Identity theft often tends to be a low-tech crime, often the result of bills, credit card solicitations or financial statements swiped from a garbage can or mailbox. e-Statements provide a safe means of receiving financial information. You can access e-Statements through a secure Internet connection after signing on to e-Teller.
Save money — Printing and mailing statements costs a significant amount of money. When you elect to receive an e-Statement, Kentucky Telco saves money. Since credit unions are cooperatives, those savings go back to the entire membership as lower loan rates, higher deposit rates and/or new products and services.
Sign up for e-Statements today by logging into your e-Teller account and clicking the e-Statements tab.
Questions? Call (502) 459‑3000 / (800) 292‑9490.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you give us permission to do so:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Kentucky Telco pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $29 each time we pay an overdraft.
- The number of overdraft protection fees you may be assessed is not limited.
What if I want Kentucky Telco to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
You can enroll for Bounce Safe Debit Overdraft Protection through e-Teller Online Banking at www.kytelco.com or by completing the form and mailing it to: Kentucky Telco FCU, 3740 Bardstown Road, Louisville KY 40218. You can also enroll by visiting any Kentucky Telco branch location or by calling (502) 459‑3000 / (800) 292‑9490.